The Cardiovascular Network is one of the networks within the Northern England Clinical Networks.
The purpose of the Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Clinical Network is to bring together a wide range of stakeholders to work across geographical and organisational boundaries to support equity of access to high quality, evidenced based care. There are four work streams within the Cardiovascular Network: Cardiac, Stroke, Vascular and Diabetes. These clinical work streams each bring together professionals from a range of specialisms to operate in an advisory capacity to help develop a shared vision for the family of cardiovascular diseases.
Based on over a decade of successful service improvement, network members use their expert knowledge and experience to review a wide range of services relating to cardiovascular services.
Primary objectives for the cardiovascular network are:
• Prevention and early detection of Diabetes.
• Providing clinical advice and support to commissioners in reviewing services for CVD across the network.
• Reduce unnecessary variations in models of care.
• Working with regional and national CVD forums.
• Actively engage patient, user, carer and public views.
Cardiovascular Clinical Leads:
- Cardiac – Dr John Bourke
- Vascular – Prof. Gerry Stansby
- Stroke – Dr Stuart Huntley
- Diabetes – Dr Rahul Nayar
- Primary Care CVD – Dr Nigel Rowell